Senior Snowflake Data Engineer
Who will you be working for?
Known for driving the digital transformation of the world’s leading financial institutions, but other sectors, such as industry and insurance, are also leveraging their strong consulting and implementation skills across all aspects of pioneering technologies, such as cloud engineering, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things for Industry 4.0, and blockchain.
With its in-depth technological expertise, strong partnerships and scalable IT solutions, they’re proven to increase productivity in software development. This provides their clients with faster access to new IT applications and innovative business models, while also reducing risk.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join this team and help build out their rapidly expanding digital transformation business. This position will be based remotely, with limited international travel may be required. The potential and variety of the work they are currently working on with their clients is truly mind-blowing. This role will be within the Data Capability Team and will primarily focus on Snowflake, but there will be opportunities to work on number of different projects mostly using public cloud.
Some things you will have done before and will do again in this position.
- Provide deep technical skills for modern data migrations to the cloud and cloud native implementations
- Be a “go-to” expert for data technologies and solutions
- Perform hands on design and implementation of complex hybrid and cloud solutions in high availability, high scale environments
- Ability to provide on the ground troubleshooting and diagnosis to architecture and design challenges
- Develop Prototypes and Proofs of Concept to support, test and validate design and delivery assumptions
- Be an advocate for Data technologies within GFT and further enhance the data engineering capability in the UK and influence the development of GFT’s global Cloud delivery capability
- Communicate complex solutions in business terms to internal GFT and Client Stakeholders
- Provide industry thought leadership writing blogs posts and contributing to white papers, and being active on social media channels.
More things you have done before and are proficient in
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing data warehouse solutions with understanding of best practices, common issues.
- Hands-on development experience with Snowflake.
- Experience of designing high performant data solutions across huge data sets with Snowflake.
- Highly advanced SQL.
- Demonstrable experience implementing data pipelines in both batch and stream processing
- Understanding of DataOps and ability to create use case agnostic configurable ETL / ELT pipelines
- Excellent data mapping/modelling skills – understanding data requirements
- Data serialisation formats: JSON, YAML, PARQUET, ORC, Protobuf, AVRO
- Demonstrable experience of Agile processes & tooling: Jira, Confluence, Agile/Scaled Agile, SAFE, Kanban, Scrum etc.
- Experience of any of the BI reporting tools e.g. Qlik, Tableau, PowerBI is a bonus.
You as a person?
- An ability to apply structured thinking, simplifying complex problems into component parts, to the resolution of project challenges.
- Working practices; thorough with high standards of work.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to establish rapport with people at all levels.
- An eye for detail and accuracy, and an affinity with design issues and the ability to help establish an own a vision for our solutions.
- The ability to work in teams and knowledge of agile processes & ceremonies such as Scrum, SaFe and Kanban
- Organizational ability and tenacity; able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Take a proactive approach to work, good with handling uncertainty and can manage their work without close supervision.
- A strong sense of ownership and a desire to deliver quality outcomes for the business.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
What they offer in excess of salary and all the usual benefits.
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of like-minded individuals. The company prides itself on its international environment, promoting professional and cultural exchange and encouraging further individual development.
Want to know more?
Give me a call or drop me a message to discuss how you think you could fit into this company and let’s get your journey started.
+44 7808 020116 / F.Kalbfell@hibernian.de