I am currently looking for a Design and Engineering consultant in Berlin, 50% remote.
– hands-on implementation, designs & design documentation for on-premise compute platforms both
physical and virtualized platforms that are compliant with EDP architecture standards.
– provide documentation and implement configuration within the on-premise cloud infrastructure.
– work with the principle architects and infrastructure architects to ensure designs are compatible with other
technology stacks (network, storage & automation systems).
– clearly articulate designs, and design options and justify decisions confidently.
– work with infrastructure developers to define requirements for the orchestration process for computing
– working with the compute architect, designing and implementing server management systems, and automated server OS (ESXI, Linux) build platforms.
– provide design and implementation for CephFS-based solutions.
– use design skills to ensure new Hypervisor implementations are compliant with EDP standards.
– extensive experience in the computing space, specifically around server hardware, virtualization nix operating systems and storage (Ceph).
– hands-on engineering background and working in the architecture and design space.
– DevOps knowledge
– *nix (RHEL, Ubuntu)
– excellent communication and very good English skills
– RedHat products including RedHat Satellite, Ansible Automation Platform, IdM, Certificate
– Ceph, Hashicorp Packer, Gitlab/GitHub, HPE/Dell servers and management solutions (OneView,